1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick cupcake pans). Place bakeable cupcake wrappers into the muffin tin. (Note: 1 Box of Betty Crocker Cake Mix makes 24 cupcakes.)
2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour batter into muffin wrappers; until about 2/3 full. Bake about 20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched in center. Let the muffins cool in their tins for 15 minutes. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack to completely cool down to room temperature (at least 30 minutes) to avoid Lucky Charms marshmallows melting inside.
3. Using serrated knife, cut out a small hole in the center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. (Save the center part to use for later use.) Fill each cupcake with approx. 1 tablespoon of Lucky Charms (and rainbow sprinkles if desired). Use the center cupcake cutout to patch the bottom so that the cupcake appears uncut.
4. Mix frosting & the desired amount of green food coloring in a bowl until the frosting appears evenly green. Frost the cupcake with a spatula or a decorating bag. Top the cupcakes with more Lucky Charms, sprinkles or other decor!
5. Store cupcakes at room temperature with loosely covered with plastic wrap.
Party Theme Guide's mission is to simplify the process of party planning so that families & friends can host BETTER parties in LESS time!
We curate our recipes & product recommendations based on their simplicity, visual presentation, public feedback & relevance to each party theme.
Our recipe summaries aim to give an overview of the original recipe with additional details we feel may simplify or enhance the process; based on reading reviews and/or our own experiences. As an Amazon Associate we earn a nominal commissions from qualifying purchases. We chose Amazon due to their wide range of products and their ability to quickly, simply & reliability deliver goods to the last minute planners out there!
We hope our party planning guides inspire you to find something to celebrate!